Teaching your kids about your religion and culture is an important aspect of parenting. The celebrations that you have at home and the many experiences that you share with your kid will help him understand more about the values that you try to inculcate in him.
And, if you are planning to teach your little one more about Eid, Momjunction has a list of Eid activities for kids to help you along the way. Scroll down for some interesting and easy ways to teach your kid all about Eid and its importance in your culture. Here are ten Eid games for kids of all ages that will teach them all about the importance and meaning of Eid.
Top Eid Games For Kids:
1. Party Decorations In Various Languages:
- While you get your home ready for the many celebrations related to Eid, a great way to teach your kid about the importance of the same is to decorate your home with message banners in varying languages.
- Let your kid write some Eid messages and make posters in three or four different languages. You can help your kid write Urdu, English and Arabic messages.
- If you or your kids are not fluent with the same, you can also help find some meaningful messages from the internet.
- Put them up around the house and add them to your decorations. It can be one of the best Eid activities for children.
2. Moon And Star Decorations:
- Help your kid cut various star and moon crescent shapes from colorful paper or old magazine papers.
- To add some sparkle to the decorations some glitter on top or cut stars out of shiny metallic paper.
- Hang them around the house with the help of strings to give it a festive Eid look.
3. Make An Arabic Corner:
- You can use various items such as sheets to make tents, colorful lights, cutouts of date trees and such. To make it more fun, put on some theme based Arabic music as well. This is one of the best and interesting Eid games for children.
4. Costume Fun:
- Let your kids wear traditional Islamic costumes to celebrate the occasion.
- Some interesting and easy costumes that you can help your kids dress up in are headgear, turbans, scarves, long dresses and such.
5. Muslim Country Theme:
- Tell the kids about the various countries that follow the Muslim culture.
- Now ask them to do some research and find out an object that can refer to each of the mentioned countries. Use these in your decorations. It can be one of the best and amazing Eid craft activities for children.